Lesson Plan Example
Topic 1 Page 9
“Little Cloud” Painting
* Lesson plan objectives and assessments can be adapted to use this activity with toddlers, and school-age children.
CDA Competency Standard:
- Begin by reading Little Cloud with your students. Stop periodically to discuss the story and ask questions about the text.
- Mix equal parts shaving cream and glue to create the cloud paint.
- Invite students to paint their clouds on the blue construction paper.
- As students are creating, you can ask them open-ended questions to encourage them to talk about their work. Here are some examples:
- Record what students had to say. Were they able to tell about their piece? Write down any conversations they had during the activity. You can display the comments and work around your classroom.